Thursday, June 28, 2007

Rest Of The Story

So yesterday morning I climb up the mountain, do my temple thing, and climb back down. There's something strangely rewarding about ovecoming a 800m Mountain by 10am.
At the next temple, 61, I ran into an older lady and I'm assuming her son that were going by car. We talked for a while and she was quite happy to meet a foreigner walking the trail. She ended up giving me \5000 as osetti.
My next encounter was at temple 64. I was about to head out when I hear a familiar voice call out my name. Sure enough it was the guy I had met my first evening and again the second day. He's not currently walking it, not sure if he just likes hanging around the temples or what.
Anyway, we talk for a bit, then he insists on taking me out for lunch. We ended up going to a pretty tasty conveyor belt sushi place. He then mentions he ran into some friends of mine. Turns out it was the older guy and the woman. They were about a day or two behind it seems.
I continue on my way and finally make my way to my objective for the day, a bento shop. I had heard that they had or knew of a place to stay in the area. I walk in and the lady behind the counter tells me to choose one of the two cheaper bentos and it would be on the house.
I got my bento, and just as I was about to ask about a place to stay yet again I hear a familiar voice call out my name.
Now, there aren't that many people on thisland that know my name. And this voice was definitely female, which left only one choice. I turn around and sure enough it was the woman that was supposedly a few days behind. apparently she hitched a ride and caught up. With her was an older getleman I had stayed with twice before but never talked to, and a slightly younger getleman I had never met.
It turns out they had found what I assume is the place I was looking for so we all head there. I ate my bento while they were out doing some shopping, then they decided to make a big pot of udon and we would all share that. Then the owner of the place who seemed happy to have such a big diverse group brought out bowls of rice with raw egg and fried fish.
Anyway, I need to wrap it up here, battery is about dead. Don't be surprised if my next post isn't until the 1st.

No comments: