Monday, June 25, 2007

Night and Day

Yesterday was dark and dreary, only good thing about the weather is that it wasn't too hot. I was about 1k from my goal when the torrential downpour began. It was the kind of rain where the streets would flood not from drainage backup or insufficiency, but just because of the time required to get from the center of the road to the gutters.
I stayed in a local daishido half way between 53 and 54. Same guy as the night before was there.
Today was almost the complete opposite, bright sunny and hot. Got to 58, and I don't think I saw a single other walker until I met up with the guy from a couple days back at 58.
This temple has some nice accomodations. They let us use the onsen after the paying guests, although they did cut the water heater so while the onsen was plenty hot the showers were cold.
Supposedly the weather's going to be nice for the next week or so, we'll see.

No comments: