Sunday, June 17, 2007

すっきりした

The past 2 days have been pretty good. Yesterday it stopped raining, I ran into a bunch of old ladies weeding a park like area around one of the rest huts, and since they figured they'd run into henro they prepared lots of doughnuts, onigiri, and tea to feed me. Also yesterday marked half way distance wise so I bought myself some cheesecake and a slightly more pricey 弁当 to celebrate. Also I guess it was a special day at the temple we stayed at because they gave us bananas.
Of coarse my luck wasn't al good. On my way back to the temple from the super it started pouring and I had left my rain gear at the temple.
Today it rained a bit in the morning then cleared up. And best of all the gods of cleanliness smiled upon me and the onsen that was my goal for the day was both open and cheap. Although tomorrow is the one day a month they're closed, so it was a close one.
Tonight is camping out in a little shelter in the parking lot of the onsen.

No comments: