Tuesday, June 5, 2007

And the journey goes on

Yesterday war fairly unspectacular with the exception of 2 events. First I saw a set of 3 monkies raiding a field. I didn't know Japan had monkies. Second I caught my first glimpse of the ocean, which made me happy. I stayed the night in a small shack at a small temple. Pretty sure the whole thing was run by 1 monk and his dog.
Today was more walking along the ocean, with the occasional trip up a couple hundred meter hill for a temple. I wouldn't mind the hills and mountains so much if the person who made the paths wasn't so sadistic. First off the numbers saying how far is left often increase at points, then on the way down they see how many times they can almost make you break or twist something.
Anyway, tonight is my first night in the open air, no nice accommodations for me. So time to sleep.

No comments: