Friday, June 15, 2007

And so it continues

And the rain continues. Every once in a while it slows down to a barely noticeable dribble but I don't think its ever stopped.
Yesterday my plan was to make it a short day and stay in this really nice free place I found. However when I got there at about 1 there were a number of people hanging out there, pretty sure one was the owner. Anyway, its concidered bad form to stop that early in the day, and the owner would have likely turned me away if I stated that intention. So instead they convinced me to walk another 20k and sleep in a bus stop (basically a little 3 walled concrete hut). It wasn't the best of nights, but it actually wasn't half bad. There was a コンビニ across the street so I had access to food water and restrooms.
Today I'm actually indoors for a change. Staying at temple 39. I intend to make both tomorrow and the day after short 25k days, which both gives me temple lodging tomorrow and an onsen the next day.
I've been playing leapfrog with The people I've mentioned lately. Sometimes we walk together, sometimes one gets ahead/behind.
One gigantic dissappointment happened today. On the map there's a place where they have public baths/saunas right next to tonights temple, which had me quite excited. Unfortunately I go there to find they went out of business...

No comments: