Tuesday, May 29, 2007

I have arrived

The sun has set on my first day in Shikoku. While I didn't get as far as I wanted I would definately qualify it as a success. I didn't get started until late afternoon due to coming from Osaka and the temple offices where I get the stamps close at 5. So I made it to temple 5 but have to wait until 7 tomorrow to get stamped.
However, I did have a pretty fortunate series of events. I was going to camp out under a little shelter by temple 4 but I needed dinner so I headed down to temple 5 just down the road and found a restaraunt nearby. It said udon but the おばあさん running the joint only told me about the okinomiyaki. But then she proceeded to tell me about a nice place to sleep and gave me some onigiri as a gift, so now I'm staying in a pretty decent 4坪 place with sink and water heater. She also told me about a nearby onsen which felt great. I could get used to this homeless thing. I think I've got free lodging at an Onsen lined up for tomorrow.

No comments: